Sunday, July 30, 2017

How to be Successful at Anything 71/84

What is your goal right now? Do you want to lose weight? Do you want to get jacked? Do you have a goal that's not even fitness related? Whatever it is, there are certain things you can do to damn near guarantee that you hit it. No, that doesn't mean it will be easy, but it will make it easier. Try these things out and see how much progress you start making.

Ok so I shouldn't even have to say this because it should be super obvious but YOU HAVE TO ACTUALLY BELIEVE THAT YOU CAN DO IT! If you want to accomplish anything you have to believe in yourself enough to make it happen. I know that sounds super cheesy but it's true. Plenty of people will tell you what they want to do but don't actually think they can do it. When you have that negative mindset then guess what happens; you actually become your own biggest obstacle in hitting your goal. Self-sabotage kills more dreams than any other single thing, except maybe not even starting. So many people are their own worst enemy. I'm not sure why this is but I'm sure someone does. I would guess that it has something to do with assuming your going to fail and wanting to do it on your own terms. Regardless of why it happens it still does all of the time. If you can actually convince yourself that you can hit you goal, it makes it 1000x easier for you to do it. So how do you do this? It's as simple as telling yourself you can. The great thing about this is that you don't even need to believe it, not at first at least. But the crazy thing is that once you say it often enough your subconscious starts to change. All of these negative things you've been telling yourself for years start to go away and they start to get replaced by positive thoughts instead. When this happens you'll start to realize that you DO believe you can hit your goals and your whole outlook changes. At this point, your head is in the right spot to conquer anything.

Another way to guarantee success is to set massive goals. This is epitomized in the book "The 10x Rule" by Grant Cardone, which I would recommend to anyone. Basically, the objective is to set massive, maybe even unrealistic goals, then take the action necessary to hit that goal. Even if you fall short, you probably still did a hell of a lot more than you thought you could. Here's an example.

- Right now it's almost August 1st so let's say my goal is to make $100,000 by the end of the year. And let's say last year in the same timeframe I made $15,000 (all of these numbers are hypothetical). That means that I would have to make $20,000 per month each month to hit this goal. For most people in most jobs around the world that is rather unrealistic and that's ok. But now I work backward and see what kind of action I would need to take to hit that goal. I make 10 times as many calls and book way more appointments than normal. I start to use alternative means to find clients and work extra hours meeting people. At the end of the year I only made $70,000, well under my goal of $100,000, but guess what, that's still $55,000 more than I made in the same time the year before! I didn't hit my goal but that's still pretty amazing (again, all hypothetical).
In this situation, by setting myself such a huge goal I more than tripled the amount from the year before and, although I fell short of the goal, I still made massive improvements. How can you use this mindset with your goals?

The last thing I wanted to go over to guarantee success is to take massive action. This came up briefly in my hypothetical example so let's do more detail. If you want to be successful you have to work 10x harder than you think you do, period. You need to go out and take huge  action that can set a fire under your butt and start building you some momentum. Massive action is the only want to make any real difference without getting stuck in average and mediocre. Want to lose weight? Massive action. Want to get big? Massive action. Don't just just try to do the minimum, no one ever guaranteed success by doing the minimum. And the worst thing you can do the the expected amount of action. Again you don't want to be average so why do an average amount of work? You need to do the maximum and then do even more. Do tons of research, change you unhealthy lifestyle, higher a personal trainer (!), and be ready to take action!

If you start to do these things you'll be surprised at the differences you can make. Start to think about these points and figure out how you can use them to help you guarantee success in whatever goal you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How LISS Cardio Changed My Life

Look, this is not going to be some post about the amazing amount of fat you can burn by doing this type of training. I still haven't ch...