Sunday, July 16, 2017

No, People At The Gym Are Not Judging You 57/84


What is your mentality when you get to the gym? Are you a stud who walks around like you own the place? Do you hide behind a cardio machine because you don't know how to use the weights? Do you just stick with classes because you like having someone tell you what do to? For most people reading this, I'd be willing to bet it isn't the first one. Most people are too afraid of being judged or stared at to venture out into the heart of the gym and start lifting some weights. But do people really care? Is anyone actually judging you for doing it? These are all questions I will be answering for you.

Hitting the gym can be scary, I get that. I have been going to different gyms for years but to be honest I still get uncomfortable when I go to one that I'm not a regular at. I'm definitely not worried about doing exercises wrong or doing a program that looks silly, but it's still hard for me to walk in somewhere and own it. This let's me realize how excruciatingly hard it must be for someone who doesn't have almost 15 of lifting under their belt. At Xperience, we try to do our best to make sure that new members feel comfortable and know basic exercises and how to use the machines, but it still takes some time for people to really get accustomed to a place without feeling self conscious about being there.

I'm just going to be up front about this, unless you're doing something that is inherently dangerous to others, most people really don't care what you're doing. I'll also let you in on this secret, people are probably not staring at you, and if they are, it's because they are uncomfortable and looking to see what other people are doing! Just like you. 90% of people at the gym are self conscious, even if they don't show it or look like they own the place. Every dude in there is looking at the guys who are bigger then them and every girl is looking at everyone they want to look like, but no one is judging anyone for being there, I promise you that.

Once we realize that everyone is uncomfortable, we can start to get over our fears and start getting stuff done. Everyone is willing to support you and help you, and anyone will give you advice if you ask, just don't be afraid. If you want to get a head start on this, come see me at Xperience Fitness in Appleton or shoot me a message about what program would be the best for you to do based on your goals. Just having a good workout that you can feel confident in can make a big difference in increasing your confidence in the gym. Don't be afraid to ask because I will help you! Also, don't forget to subscribe to my blog while you're hear. You'll get a ton of free stuff like my Top Fat Loss and Muscle Gain Tips, a free macros calculator, and a free 30 minute consultation call with me to make sure that you're on the right track!


No comments:

Post a Comment

How LISS Cardio Changed My Life

Look, this is not going to be some post about the amazing amount of fat you can burn by doing this type of training. I still haven't ch...