Saturday, June 3, 2017

What Does "Toning" Really Mean? 14/84


I'm not exaggerating when I when I say 100% of the women I have sat down with at Xperience Fitness have said that they want to "tone" as one of their main goals. It could be their whole body or just one body part but it happens every time. Even some guys say it, but it's not as common. It also never fails that when I ask them what they mean by "tone", they never actually know what to say.

In other realms of the fitness world, that word is mocked and criticized, which is fine I guess. To them is must seem "basic" or uneducated, I don't know. But as a professional where every single women I meet with says it, then it's my job to be able to interpret what they mean and give them a plan of how to get there.

So that begs the question, what does "tone" or "toning" actually mean? Think about what those words means to you, or get a picture in you're head of what it means, then read my definition.

To me, in my professional opinion, "toning" means to "increase muscle mass and decrease body fat". Compare that to what you have in your head and I bet it's pretty damn close to that. If you want to "tone" an area, or your whole body, you need to build the muscle in that area while decreasing your body fat overall (because you can't spot treat body fat). This is one of many reasons why it's so silly that women don't want to lift weights. They say they don't want to build muscle but they want to tone, which inherently means you need to build muscle. Some combination of weights and body weight exercises is the best to build muscle so that 100% needs to be in every program, especially with more and more research coming out saying the the fat burning effect of cardio is so low.

Bottom line, if you want to tone, you need to build muscle and decrease fat, the same thing I promote with each program I write. If you're a lady who wants a good program to accomplish that goal then check out my Starter Fat Loss Program here. If you do decide to do this, PLEASE let me know how it goes and feel free to give me any feedback. I would love to be able to tell people about your progress. Don't forget, if you want to be the first to hear about new posts, new programs, and get discounts on paid services, make sure to leave your email in the space above and join my Newsletter list! The list is growing rapidly so don't miss out!You'll also receive a free PDF cheat sheet of my Top Muscle Building and Top Fat Loss Tips when you join!

See you tomorrow!

Facebook: Greg Herceg - Personal Trainer
Instagram: @Greg.the.Trainer
Email: gsherceg@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

How LISS Cardio Changed My Life

Look, this is not going to be some post about the amazing amount of fat you can burn by doing this type of training. I still haven't ch...